Monday, November 7, 2011

ADHD-PI







I was reading a thread on Reddit that a friend linked me recently. It was about ADHD, and of course, it's relevant to me because my entire life, I've always known that I had it. This Reddit thread reminded me that I need to somehow control my own problems, so that I can focus better. You might think to yourself "Why does that even matter?" You're just hyperactive and stuff.", right? 

Not necessarily. In this case, sometimes I'm too hyperactive, other times, it can lead to some depression and irritability problems. I've noticed that I get annoyed easily around people, regardless of whether they're close friends or not. I wouldn't really snap in front of them, of course. I just wouldn't want to be around them afterwards. Sometimes, I get depressive over minor things too. I never understood why.

My most obvious problems right now is that I have trouble focusing on tasks. This especially applies right now in college because I'll try sitting down at home, and I can't get anything done. I really do try. I'll turn off my laptop, and just sit there with a notebook, and can never seem to force myself into reading my own notes, regardless of how neat and detailed it may be. It gets worse when my parents comes towards me (at the worst time possible), seeing that I'm browsing the web, and just saying stuff like "Stop being lazy. Do your schoolwork", or whatever. It just irritates me, and I never want to say "You guys realize I have ADHD, right?".

My dad realized I've had it, because I was diagnosed with it when I was 8 years old. Problem is that he just think of it as an adolescent thing that involves hyperactivity. It's not just that. Once it hits you in the adult-stage of your life, you'll notice that you can't focus on a lot of things unless it's either rewarding for you somehow, or that you feel like you've received some sort of fulfillment.

I know with video games, I'll play fighters a lot because I strive to be better every time as I'm playing. Which is why I like fighting games a lot more than most, because I can always improve. That part is the reward factor, which is why I play fighting games often, though I've been playing less and less as of late.

Anyways, to get back on topic, nowadays, I supposedly have classes from noon - 10 PM on Tuesdays. However, since my one programming class has ended (half-semester course), I technically can leave my campus at 4:30 PM. But I choose to stay on campus until 9 or 10 PM at night because I won't be distracted by anyone. I'd just go to the library or something, and just do schoolwork (homework, studying, etc).

I can't do that at home because I have things that are always distracting me. One example would be my room, I have so many things there to distract me. Which is why I never study in my room.

I can't study downstairs because my parents and brother are always watching something, or being obnoxiously loud. Actually, I have a problem with noises. I can't concentrate if there are a lot of noise, which is why I listen to music (with headphones on) as I'm studying. Countering noise with noise that helps me to study. Does this make any sense? I hope I'm not rambling . . .

I've been taking a lot of Omega 3, 6 & 9 as of late too, because I've done extensive research to show that it does help me to focus better, the same can be said with other multi-vitamins. 

For more information on ADHD-PI, refer to here.

Besides all of the above, I really have nothing to report on, meh. I haven't really been reading a lot of eroge, but I have gotten at least an hour or two on "Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish Upon a Shooting Star-". I also still lack a controller, so I won't be able to play Touhou Hisoutensoku competitively for a while. But I guess that's a good thing, because I really need to focus on schoolwork anyways.

I have an exam tomorrow in my History class, so before that, I'm studying as much as I can today (and for the rest of the night). =/




2 comments:

  1. i don't have ADHD but i lack a lot of focus too and tend to other things instead of school work or maybe i do have it but i haven't been diagnosed hope you do a good job on your exam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a ADHD and I deal with it, because I have worse problems.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...