Monday, June 27, 2011

My face when..


. . . . I found out I'd be moving to California once I graduate college:


So I'm really shocked. Still am. Yesterday, while my parents were discussing about my plans for my upcoming years in college, I told them I still have a rather large chunk of classes to finish before I'm done. My mom quickly interrupted and told me that once I do finish up college, she plans on moving over to California since it's terribly cold here in Pennsylvania in the Winter. Okay, that's understandable. That and the fact that there's a large Asian community in CA, etc. The thing is that I have friends I really love here in PA, and it'd be awkward starting from scratch again. I don't know if I just have the fear of trying to make new friends, but I don't think it'll be super easy. I do have a couple online friends that lives in CA, maybe they'll show me around or something, I guess. 

 ( But yes, I still have about 1.5 years left of classes. This is under the assumption that I take 15 credits every time. = / )

I really have no idea how to react to all of this, I always thought my mom was teasing me about moving, but it seems she's serious. I guess they're getting older anyways.. I really have no idea how to react at this point because the atmosphere between these two states are massive. I'm so heavily white-washed that it might make things a bit interesting whenever I talk to other Asians, I guess. 

Hopefully, I'll meet some cool otaku people over there or something if I decide to go. I really do want independence and to be free from my parents, though I also care for them because I realize they're getting old. By the time they'd leave for CA, my brother would be near the age of 15. Maybe 16, if they hold it back for another year. I certainly don't expect him to work or anything, but he'll probably end up having to do so. 

Finding an IT job in CA does not seem easy either. From what I'm understanding, Asians there are extremely serious over-achievers, and because of the higher population, I would most likely compete for a job. That. Sucks.

I guess I'll have to see how this all turns out, right now, I'm kinda 50 / 50 with the entire situation. I like my friends here and everything, but what if there's more things for me out there too? But if I go along with my parents, that also might be bad because I don't get along with them. Though I also want to repay them back for the times they've raised me. Eh. So many things to think about at this point. What if.. w-w-what if I become extremely shy during my first encounter with people ? !





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...